You are here
On the Rocks 4 Wheelers follows the Cal 4 Wheel drive club's Safety Requirements
All vehicles must be maintained to conform to highway safety standards, as well as meet the minimum requirements listed below:
- Roll bar or full cage or factory hard top.
- Functional Parking brake or Mico-Lock.
- Tow strap or rope. It is recommended that it be rated at 2 times the vehicle weight.
- First aid kit (what do you want when you are hurt?)
- Jack capable of lifting the vehicle and a tool capable of removing lug nuts (don't forget your wheel locks).
- Spare tire equal to or within 3 inches of existing tires on the vehicle. (no temporary spares).
- Fire extinguisher with gauge indicating good/full, appropriately stored.
- Seat belts for all passengers.
- Antennas must not exceed 4'6" (except when longer antennas/whips are required by certain OHV areas).
- Adequate attachment points front and rear (i.e., tow hooks, receiver, etc.) Tow balls are generally not recommended.
- Battery hold downs (no bungee cords).