You are here
New Member Requirements
New On The Rocks (OTR) Membership Check List
- Have your vehicle safety equipment & pass inspection.
- Join the OTR YahooGroup (e-mail list). A Yahoo user name and password are required. This is where the club coordinates all our runs and a good place to ask 4 wheeling related questions.
- Attend at least 3 Club Meetings within 6 months.
- Attend at least 3 Club Runs within 6 months (1 Club party can count as a run).
- Fill out and turn in an Application for Membership to the Club.
NOTE: Once your application is submitted to the club, the members will take a vote to "accept or decline" at the next scheduled OTR Members meeting. If your membership is accepted, you will be asked to pay the annual dues of $
100 (which includes Cal 4 Wheel and CORVA memberships). At that time you can purchase OTR stickers and t-shirts.
Suggestions to Ensure a Smooth Membership in the Club
- Observe all politically correct trail etiquette.
- No Alcohol or Drugs on the Trail.
- Be a good listener while you are a "Guest" of the club at meetings and on the trail runs.
- Ask an OTR member to "sponsor" or look after you during your qualification, if possible. This will allow you to learn the future expectations of a club member.
Hint: choose someone who lives near you or drives the same type of vehicle you do.
- Meet and socialize with as many members as possible. If everyone knows who you are, you have a better chance of being accepted into the club!
- Members are happy to show others "how to" do something, but it is important that you know your vehicle and become self sufficient.
- Attending a Cal 4 Wheel district meeting is a HUGE plus to your membership consideration.
- Attending a trail clean up is also a HUGE plus to your membership consideration.
- Making one of your 3 runs a multi day run is a HUGE plus to your membership consideration.